8.01.2011

Nursery Tour

This is a virtual tour of my now 16-month old daughter's nursery!  I had so much fun decorating it before she came, and I tried to stick to a budget with lots of DIY projects.  Special thanks to my husband and dad for painting the walls and ceiling and to my husband and his friend for installing crown molding!  I love the way it turned out and plan for it to grow with her as she gets older.

 
Birth Announcement (16"x20") which hung on hospital door...

and later over changing table in her room. I love this verse, because it is so very true!

Initials shown over her bed to match bedding
(Bedding and crib from Sugarfoot's Baby Boutique
They also sell online, so be sure to check them out!)
 ... and a close-up of paintings and bedding.


 Corner with the chair that we spent many, many sweet hours in while Kate was an infant... and now lots of quality time reading! :)  I seriously could be a salesman for these chairs - It is my favorite piece of furniture in our whole house!!  It's from Best Chairs, sold at Sugarfoot's Baby Boutique, and it is also a recliner.  The cream fabric doesn't show dirt easily and cleans surprisingly well!  The curtains are from Target, and the valance is some leftover fabric folded and tacked up with furniture nails.


 Some close-ups of accessories, including china painted by my great-grandmother, ceramic baby shoe found in my grandmother's attic, an old lamp from college that I recovered w/ some extra fabric, and shower gifts for Kate!

And finally, the painted ceiling, one of my favorite parts of the whole room!  
Paint colors are Priscilla Pink and Shagreen from Sherwinn-Williams.

And of course, I have to include the star herself...

 then...

and now!